Thursday, February 24, 2011

college for all

Mariel Mandujano
02.1.11
Crew
My road To succeed

My inspiration to go to college began when I found out that my cousin had made it to college. Evey one in ma family was proud of her she has been the only one in my whole family that has gone to college. I was so proud of her as well as my family she has been a good student from kinder too high school. Every time I would see her she would tell me “ Mariel even though no one in our family had gone to college I want you to go to college you are a smart girl and your family is proud that you are doing good in school.” Dose words  I hear them every they  I was in Mexico. When I heard that my cousin Sara was going to college she became my hero because she has been the first to go to college. This helps me persevered because she has been the only girl  that has gone to college the rest had drop out of school.
My whole family has a lot of struggles and especially on dropping out of school. Neither my mom or dad or aunties or uncles had gone to college. The reason why all of the had drop out of school is because their mothers didn’t have the money to pay the school. Instead of going to school ma mom mother would tell her to go sell candy because back in the days the parents didn’t have enough money to pay for school so the parents would make the kids work. My mom was the kind of person that didn’t care the way she would  look she didn’t care what other’s got to say.My mom would tell me that she wish that all the things we have now she would of like to have them when she was young. She had told me that I should take all the opportunities have in school so I can be able to make it to college like my cousin did. My cousins also have struggles an that’s on dropping out of school to. My older cousin had dropped out of school when he was about to graduate he stared working in construction after he stared working he wanted to go back to school but he couldn’t go back because it was to late. There’s 4 of my cousin that had dropped out of school. They had dropped out of school because they would say they were not  capable to go to school. They tough they wasn’t born to go to school. I tell them that the most important thing in life is to go to school so you can be able to go to college and have a successful Life and a good  career. But they never listen to me at all they don’t take it seriously.
One opportunity that I have available in my community is have an education and be able to go to school and learn something everyday. Like some kid don’t even have the money to pay for their school or nothing like that. Another great opportunity that I had was to go to the college for all trip so i can be able to see all the college and have a head start on what college I want to go. I think all the people that don’t have the money to pay for school should at least try and search for a school were they are not going to pay at all. Going to the college for all trip is going to make me more stronger on choosing a good college for me.
One word that can discribe my family is outgoing and persevering because since all my cousins had been dropping out of school.My aunties and uncles had been pushing them to go to college and to never drop out of school but noun of them listen. Only half of my cousins are in school but they are also trying to drop out of school to. My mom and my dad had not gone to college they only made it to high school because their mom didn’t have the money to pay for it. So my mom and dad stared to working my mom wanted to help her mom get money. She was the kind of person that liked to go to school but she was always helpful to her mother. Now that she has 2 children me and my brother. She would tell us how much she had suffer when she was little and how much she cares about our education and that she don’t want us to end up like them working in some fast food place or were they don’t pay the right amount or she don’t want me or my brother to end up in the street so she would tell me how much college is important to go to because of all the opportunities we will have in college.
Going to college means a lot to me. It means to me a lot because am be the second one to go to college and to be proud to tell others that I have graduate from college. I want to demonstrate my family that I can make it to college even do I have many struggles in my life and the main struggles is that I have to be deal with my cousins dropping out of school and not having a education. For this reasons I want to make it to college and have a better future and show my mom and dad that I am capable to accomplish all my goals and that I will be able to go to college with the help of no one. I really ant to go to college because I also want to go to college because I want all show my cousins that they are cable to accomplish their goals like I will. I also want to show my cousin sarai that I am cable to go to college Like she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment